Clean out your Closet to Save Lives
When you donate your gently used items to the New Life Evangelistic Center, you are joining the fight to get people off the streets permanently.
Your everyday household goods go to the men, women, and children experiencing homelessness within our programs. They also go to our Free Stores, where all items are available at no cost to our program members, residents and community.
Our Free Stores also provide work experience during a person’s stay, allowing them to reenter the workforce with practical experience.
You can donate your items in one of two ways
1) Send your items
Send your items using your choice of parcel service to:
|New Life Evangelistic Center
2428 Woodson Road
Overland, MO 63114
|OR||Veterans Coming Home Center
806 N. Jefferson
Springfield, MO 65802
2) Drop Off Your Items
If you prefer to deliver the items to us, donations to the New Life Evangelistic Center are gratefully accepted at all of our New Life Evangelistic Center Free Store Locations. Please call us at (314) 421-3020 to find the location nearest you.
Note: We are only receiving limited small donations at the free stores in bags or boxes only for our staff and customers safety due to COVID-19. Please call (314) 421-3020 for details. No furniture drop off, all furniture or large items need to be scheduled by calling (314) 421-3020 only.
As you consider your contribution, we ask that you take note of the following:
- We continually update our list of most urgent needs (summer | winter) to optimize those donations intended to directly assist our clients.
- Please do not include R-rated movies or products containing alcohol (i.e. cologne, body spray, mouthwash).
- We always do our best to honor the wishes of our donors. However, our limited resources mean we cannot always honor specific requests about how each item will be used. We do, however, stand by our promise to utilize each and every item so that it is of greatest help to our clients and the New Life Evangelistic Center.
- While many of our donated items go toward what our clients need, we are often asked what our clients might like as they prepare for a holiday or the birthday of their child. If you have a suggestion or would like to brainstorm ideas, please contact us and we will be happy to let you know if there is a fit for your generous item.
- If you would like to get your organization, church or business involved, we recommend a drive of clothing, toiletries, or electronics. For more information or to get started contact us.
No matter what, you can be sure that your tax-deductible donation makes a difference in the lives of your fellow community members. We cannot thank you enough for considering a material donation and doing your part to change the lives of our program members & guests for the better!
Questions? Please use our Contact Form or call us at 314-421-3020.
- Amazon Wish List – An easy way to get helpful items to our clients is through our Amazon Wish Lists! Our lists include items that our clients and staff need the most. You can order from our Wish Lists (using Amazon Smile of course) and ship items directly to us through Amazon. It couldn’t be easier.
Our wish list is an estimation of what we need. If you have a question about buying a similar item to what you see on our wish list or wish to donate similar items that you already have, please contact us using our Contact page.
- AmazonSmile – While logged into your Amazon account, activate AmazonSmile and select New Life Evangelistic Center as your cause. Each time you shop using smile.amazon.com, a donation of 0.5% of your purchase total is donated to New Life Evangelistic Center at no extra cost to you. Get started today!
Want to help make a difference while you shop in the Amazon app, at no extra cost to you? Simply follow the instructions below to select “New Life Evangelistic Center Inc” as your charity and activate AmazonSmile in the app. They’ll donate a portion of your eligible mobile app purchases to us.
How it works:
1. Open the Amazon app on your phone
2. Select the main menu (=) & tap on “AmazonSmile” within Programs & Features
3. Select “New Life Evangelistic Center Inc” as your charity
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate AmazonSmile in the mobile app
- Money Saving Apps and Extensions – Whether you are you buying items for the homeless or shopping for yourself, save money by using the following money saving apps and browser extensions that give you cash back or points.
- Ibotta is a cash back and rewards app that gives consumers a better way to save money when they shop. No matter what they are buying or where they are buying it, if they start with Ibotta, they will receive cash back. Users can receive cash back at your local Grocery Store, Walmart, Target, Amazon, Ebay, & More!
- Capital One Shopping – Save money while shopping for items for New Life Evangelistic Center to support the homeless by using the free Capital One Shopping browser extension. Capital One Shopping looks for better offers, instantly searches for and applies available coupon codes at checkout, and lets you know when prices drop on products you’ve viewed and purchased.
- GoodShop donates to your favorite charities when you shop online at hundreds of retailers! The site also provides additional coupons and deals at these retailers that continuously change. Join at GoodShop.com and choose New Life Evangelistic Center as your charity.
- Stores pay Rakuten a commission for sending you their way and Rakuten shares the commission with you as Cash Back through PayPal or check. Join now and get a bonus for signing up!
- Bing Rebates is part of Microsoft Rewards, a free program that rewards you for searching the web on Bing. You can earn gift cards, donate to nonprofit organizations through Give with Bing, and get rebates when you shop on Bing Learn more about Rewards.
Make an even greater impact by donating the cash back and/or rewards you receive to New Life Evangelistic Center. We call that SHOPPING FOR GOOD!